Yesterday I posted about hosting a day after Christmas brunch for my family and had a few of you ask for the recipe for my peach French toast casserole. It’s one of my very favorite breakfast dishes to make and is always a favorite! The cinnamon and sugar combined with the sweetness of the peaches and crunch of the French bread is just divine! Here’s what you need to know.
photo by Mother Earth News
Peach French Toast Casserole
one cup brown sugar
one stick butter
2 tablespoons water
5 eggs, beaten
2 large cans of canned peaches (or 5 fresh peaches, peeled)
one loaf French bread
one tablespoon vanilla
one cup milk
Oven preheated to 350
1. In a small saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter and water to a boil for one minute.
2. Pour into a greased 9×13 pan and let sit for 10 minutes.
3. While brown sugar mixture is setting up, drain canned peaches and slice French bread into 12, one inch slices.
4. Combine eggs, vanilla and milk and set aside.
5. Once the brown sugar mixture is set, place peaches on top of the mixture in the pan.
6. Place slices of French bread on top of peaches.
7. Pour egg mixture over top of the bread, making sure to soak each piece of bread evenly.
8. Generously sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over top of saturated bread slices.
9. Bake for 50 minutes or until bubbly.
I hope you and your family love and enjoy this recipe as much as mine does. Eat, bake and be merry!