I recently realized that it’s been forever and a day since I did a major update on the farm house. Lots has happened, but it’s quite hard to show in pictures, or sometimes even put into words. I continue to be amazed at the handiwork of my husband and father in law. You can read all about the awesomeness of my husband during this whole process here. (warning, it’s sappy). It’s been so neat to see our house, our home, be built from the ground up. And in the past couple of weeks the house has really started to visibly change. So here is what has happened since our last update in July.
* All the framing has been completed – exterior and interior walls
* Trusses built and placed to create the roof line
* Roof built, enclosed and shingled (after being blown off twice by storms)
* Coffered ceilings built and encased
* Tyvec put up around the exterior of the walls
* All the windows have been installed – they are currently installing all the doors this week
* Garage and front porch poured
* Lots of dirt work around the foundation done
* Our well has been dug and geothermal loops installed
* Our lagoon (aka the “poop pond”) was dug yesterday
* All of our appliances and custom kitchen cabinets designed and ordered
* Currently, the electricians, plumbers, air conditioning/heating company are in the house and putting the last touches on their parts before the dry wall gets installed in 2 weeks. DRY WALL PEOPLE!!
The following pictures are what the house currently looks like. Lots of wires, drilled holes and saw dust. But dry wall will soon close in all the walls and it will really look like a home!
Me and my biggest little out for a visit to the house this week
This coming week, the guys are starting to put on the siding and deck, along with finishing up the door installation and finish a few odds and ends. Soon after Christmas, we will be able to start painting, installing the baseboards, floors and getting the cabinets installed. It’s becoming so real folks. We are almost there 🙂
And because I’m so excited about this, here is the newest piece I purchased for above our stovetop on the hood cover. In love with this Holstein, I am. She is a beaut.