I have never really like the term “New Year’s Resolutions.” I’m not sure why, but it always piles on loads of pressure to be perfect once 12:01 AM January 1st rolls around. And perfect I am not, so the term “Goals” has a much more realistic ring to it for me.
I have been thinking the past few weeks of what I want 2015 to look like for me’ personally, spiritually, for my marriage and our family. There are so many things that I want to strive for, but here are some of the things that I want to see happen in the coming year for me. Some are big, some are small. Some are silly, some are serious. And some are going to be really hard for me to do, others it will just take a little good ole motivation and accountability. So here is my list.
Goals for 2015
1. To put makeup on everyday. Even if it’s just a touch of mascara.
2. To work out 3 days per week, as in going to classes.
3. To start my days out in the Word every morning before I turn on the news (I love the news).
4. To learn how to cook Indian food.
5. Even harder, to learn how to make REAL fried chicken.
6. To become a hands-free mama – meaning really minimizing my time on my phone, TV or computer. I have been growing really convicted about this as of late.
7. To go out with my husband once a month for a “real” date. No kids, no fast food and no shopping for house stuff.
8. To help my husband install our kitchen cabinets and learn how that all works.
9. To take Nora on a special date once a week, just the two of us.
10. Starting in the month of January (sometime) I want to learn how to track calories and learn what/how much I should truly be putting into my body.
11. I want to learn how to golf so I can go with Eric to the driving range and not look like a total idiot.
12. I want to learn how to be comfortable in my own skin after having 2 babies – even if that means that I’m not at my ideal weight or image. This is maybe going to be the hardest one for me.
13. To start baking regularly again.
14. To take the girls camping this summer.
15. I want to read ONE fiction book this year. I read a lot of spiritual, faith based books, but I used to really enjoy fiction, so adding one into the mix would be a fun way to get some new reading in!
16. I would LOVE to go and see my brother DJ at a club in Kansas City. I will be honest, I have never been to a KC club, I have no idea what I would wear or what it would be like, but I really want to see him do what he loves. So to a club I will go!
17. I want to buy a little black dress and string of pearls. I have no idea where I would wear it to, but I have never truly owned one, but have always wanted to.
18. I want to continue to breastfeed Andersyn. My goal is one year.
19. By the end of the year, I want to finish both of the girls’ baby books. Like really finish them with pictures and everything.
20. I really need to wash the floor mats out in my van. I have been putting it off for months and country living has taken a toll on them 🙁
So there are my goals for the coming year. I am so excited to see what God brings to our family and my life in 2015 and I truly hope that I can achieve what I’ve set before me! Here is to a new year 🙂